Thursday, January 21, 2010

Danger - computer virus

My computer is not working since last night. It was attacked by a new, powerful and unknown virus via email. My anti-virus software failed to detect it and said it is safe to open it. The email contains just two lines. "I need your help" or something like that and an url. Since it is safe to open and I am a curious person, I clicked the url link.

The symptom is once I turn off my computer and open it again, it is closed immediately. So, I cannot use my computer at all. I can't even check the damages. And, I do not have a rescue disk. From the url, it is linked to China.

I am currently using my second computer for this posting. I have to fight with my children to decide who should use this second and last one in the evening. Can any expert tell me how to revive my computer?

No comments:

Post a Comment